[CotI] Updates and Stuff from Far Future Enterprises Sep 13, 2012

coti citizensoftheimperium at lists.travellerrpg.com
Thu Sep 13 10:41:50 EDT 2012

Updates and Stuff from Far Future Enterprises

Today's update is a grab bag of opportunities and news.

Traveller4 CDROM.

Judge Dred Kickstarter.

Heroes of Metro City Kickstarter.

Traveller5 Updates.

DriveThruRPG.

Andrew Boulton.

Traveller 4th Edition. We will have our 4th Edition Traveller CDROM
available October 22. It includes the entire list of T4 titles including the
unpublished Aliens Archive Volume 1, and the two JTAS (25 and 26) from
Imperium Games.  The CDROM is $35, but our 443 offer (4 CDROMs 4 the prince
of 3) still applies: order any 4 CDROMs for the price of 3. The order site
charges you for four, but we rebate the cost of one of them through the
Paypal refund system.

www.farfuture.net

Judge Dred Kickstarter. Mongoose has started a Kickstarter for their Judge
Dred Miniatures system and we invite you to visit their site and
participate.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/judge-dredd-miniatures-game-b
lock-war

Heroes of Metro City. Once upon a time, we did a superhero card game called
Super Deck! Some of our friends here in Bloomington are producing their idea
of a super hero card game system called HEROES of Metro City, and they are
in the last days of their Kickstarter. We invite you to visit their site and
participate.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3some/heroes-of-metro-city-a-super-power
ed-deck-building

Traveller5. We continue to make all sorts of progress toward the December
release of Traveller5. There was a helpful discussion the precise details of
the new Traveller dice.  The Cr25 rebate coins have been ordered. Most of
the surveys are complete. The final texts continue their final typesetting.
Progress reports will continue apace. And Thank You for all your support.

If you missed the Traveller5 Kickstarter (with all its goodie rewards), you
can still participate through our Retroactive Kickstarter program. Look at
the project by googling Kickstarter Traveller5. Then email us at
farfuture at gmail.com with your Pledge Level choice and options and we'll send
you a Paypal invoice.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/traveller5/traveller-5th-edition

DriveThruRPG. Almost all of our FFE and GDW titles are available on
DriveThruRPG, plus an extensive set of guides to our game systems. The
downloadable guides are here:

http://www.farfuture.net

DriveThruRPG is here:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?affiliate_id=4209&manufacturers%20id
=4

and finally:

Andrew Boulton 1969-2012

Andrew Boulton was a devoted Traveller fan who made substantial efforts to
support the game and share it with others. He served admirably as an admin
on the COTI boards, never becoming intrusive, but always concerned and
facilitating.

Andrew also took great pride (and justly so) in his contributions to
Traveller. He was extremely pleased that his Beowulf in Distress was
selected for the cover of the Traveller5 Beta CDROM, although the selection
was based on his talent and execution rather than any special connections.

Andrew produced the Traveller Calendar annually since 2007, showcasing a
variety of interesting and excellent art for Traveller, and devoting the
proceeds to several worthy charities (his friends are working on the 2013
Traveller Calendar in his memory).

Andrew was a widower with a continuing devotion to Penny. He wrote
touchingly of his meeting her and falling in love and having that love
returned. They were married in 2003 (he called it the happiest day of his
life). Alas, they had less than a year together before she died on New Years
Day 2004.

Andrew was a participant in the Traveller5 Beta and shared his constructive
criticism with logic and passion, and his contributions have made the game
better for it.

We (and specifically I) will miss Andrew terribly, but I am grateful to have
known him and have had his support.

Marc

W sent you this email because you are on our list of backers, supports,
customers, and fans; if you want to be removed, please tell us at

farfuture at gmail.com

We will remove you promptly.

Marc